Harvey Andersons’ “Pizza” Trout
Written by Harold
- Published in Recipes
- Read 2310 times
- font size decrease font size increase font size
Long time Great Bear Lake guide Harvey Anderson was kind enough to share his unique, great tasting recipe.
- 2 Lake Trout fillets taken from a 4 to 5 pound fish.
- 6 slices of bacon – or enough to cover the bottom of a 12” skillet in a single layer.
- 1 tbs. lemon juice, or a couple of squirts from a "plastic" lemon.
- 398 ml (14 oz.) can stewed tomatoes, including juices.
- 398 ml (14 oz.) can pineapple rings (packed in pineapple juice), including juices.
- 1 medium onion, diced.
- 1 green pepper, diced.
- 340 g (12 oz.), shredded cheddar cheese.
- Salt, pepper and oregano.
- Aluminum foil.
Cover the bottom of the skillet with bacon slices, and then lay the fillets on top of the bacon.
Add lemon juice.
Evenly cover the fillets with tomatoes, pineapple, onion, green pepper, and spices.
Cover with aluminum foil, and simmer for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
Remove foil and drain juices.
Return pan to the fire and sprinkle grated cheddar cheese evenly over the fish.
Once the cheese melts – serve immediately.